In 2015, the Westside Community Food Bank and Kelowna Community Food Bank joined to become the Central Okanagan Community Food Bank. Having been in operation since 1982, the Central Okanagan Food Bank stands as a long-time supporting organization in our community.
As a non-government-funded, non-for-profit organization, we rely on community support to help us ensure anyone requiring food assistance gets the help they need. What most people are often amazed to learn is that only 30% of our client base is on any type of social assistance, which means the remaining 70% are working members of the community, struggling to make ends meet.
We provide food and other assistance to those needing help regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, income source, age, and mental or physical ability. We are the only organization providing this type of nutritional support to households facing financial and food insecurity within the surrounding region.
The Central Okanagan Food Bank is run by an elected volunteer Board of Directors. The Board oversees the Executive Team, Food Bank staff, and volunteers who manage the day-to-day operation of the Food Bank.
The Central Okanagan Food Bank is a member of Food Banks Canada, Food Banks BC, the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce, and the Greater Westside Board of Trade.
The Central Okanagan Food Bank is an incorporated society in British Columbia and a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency.
Charitable Number 10756 1862 RR 0001