Client Services – Westside
Those living on the Westside are asked to please use our Westside branch.
Families and individuals in need of assistance may apply for support if they meet the following requirements:
- Proof of residence in West Kelowna for three months or more (rent receipts, driver license, utility bills).
- Proof of monthly income (social assistance cheque stub, bank statements, pay stubs, child tax credit, child support etc.).
- Proof of Household Expenses (rent receipts, mortgage, utility bills, telephone/cell bill etc.).
- Proof of identification for individuals and members of the family (social insurance number, driver’s license, birth certificate, BC Medical card, picture ID/Passport).
To register, please take the above information to our Westside branch.
Location and Hours
Central Okanagan Food Bank – Westside Branch
2545 Churchill Road
West Kelowna, BC
Monday to Friday
9:00AM – 4:00PM
To Receive Food
Every Wednesday Evening
5:30PM to 7:30PM Everyone Welcome
Every Thursday Morning
9:30AM to 11:15AM Everyone Welcome
12:30PM-1:30PM Tiny Bundles (weekly) for pregnant moms and families with children under the age of 1 year old.
Monday – Friday
Bakery Items & Buns 9:00am – 4:00pm (outside freezer)
Client Programs & Services
At the Westside Community Food, clients are able to choose which items they would like to receive in their hampers. This allows clients to take their individual needs into consideration.
Registered clients may visit the Westside location once every 30 days. Hampers are based on the size of the household. Hampers are designed to last 5-7 days.
Families with children are able to access the following supplemental programs:
Tiny Bundles: This program is specially designed to meet the nutritional needs of pregnant mothers and families with children under the age of one. Participants are eligible for a weekly hamper containing milk, eggs, fresh fruits, vegetables and baby basics. Mothers also receive a one-time layette, containing new baby items, when the baby is born. Additionally, public health nurses are available at the Food Bank twice per month to answer any questions new moms may have. Please note that a Doctor’s Note is required for proof of pregnancy.
Kids Snack Pack Program: This program provides children from ages one to 12 years with a one week supply of ready-to eat, healthy, nutritious (age appropriate) snacks to take to pre-school, day care or school. These snack packs include (but are not limited to) fresh fruit, cello-packaged fresh produce, yogurt, cheese, 100% fruit juice boxes and healthy granola bars.
Other services at our Westside location
- Christmas hampers and toys
- Client referrals
- Community garden
- Daily bakery items & buns
- Emergency hampers
- Free shoe vouchers
- Home deliveries (for those with mobility challenges)
- Kids Back packs and school supplies (in September)